Assistant Asset Surveyor
Permanent, Full Time Opportunity
This role allows for hybrid working with a mix of office and home-based work.
We have an exciting opportunity available to join our Asset Management Team. This is a key role which will provide an asset management function including landlord and tenant, compulsory purchase, valuation and surveying services relating to all land and property matters.
Some key duties daily will be:
- To assist on a broad asset management function relating to the Council's wide and varied property portfolio, and to meet the Council's strategic Asset Management objectives
- To support regeneration, housing and highways schemes including the acquisition of properties by agreement, by auction or under compulsory purchase legislation
- To advise officers and members of the public on Council property ownership and related matters
- To undertake negotiations on minor property matters with professionals, companies, tenants and members of the public
- To undertake the disposal of minor assets to deliver the Councils land and property disposals programme
- To assist with the management of the Authority's leased property portfolio, which incorporates rental assessment, negotiating new leases, lease terminations, rent reviews, sublettings and assignments, in accordance with the Landlord and Tenant Acts and RICS regulations. Further ensuring they are managed effectively and in accordance with the Council's strategic aims
We are looking for someone qualified to degree standard or equivalent in an area relevant to estate management. Experience will be demonstrated in ability to plan and deliver a good service, whilst being able to communicate with a range of stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have good literacy and numeracy skills, be an excellent communicator and demonstrate an ability and commitment to customer care.
The role is ideal for anyone wanting a new opportunity and challenge or someone wanting to gain further experience and exposure working in an Asset Management Function. We are keen to support and develop new starters providing a structured induction programme and commitment to continual professional development.
Interviews are anticipated for early July 2022 and will be held remotely.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council's Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.