User Experience (content design) Specialist
About the role
(18 months FTC)
We are in the process of procuring a new website platform and this role will be integral to supporting the current website and the rebuild that follows.
As part of the Digital Experience Team, the User Experience (content design) Specialist will plan, edit, create and deliver fully optimized public-facing content for Wokingham Borough Council's online platforms.
By engaging with stakeholders, you will understand business needs and bring them on board while advocating the value of user-centred design.
It will involve applying best practice principles of usability, information architecture, design and copywriting standards to all websites across the council, including those elements developed in other teams, to ensure a seamless, easy-to-use user journey with accessibility at its core.
There will be an element of supporting or running user research activities and using that insight alongside other data to support team priorities.
- experienced at presenting the rationale for design decisions and influencing
- driven by understanding user needs and aligning with business needs
- a creative and conceptual thinker able to develop innovative solutions to problems
- comfortable with regularly changing priorities
- comfortable with a range of activities from conceiving ideas to crafting documentation to making simple content changes (scenarios, wireframes, user flows)
- able to advocate data-driven design and be able to explain how data informs your design
- an in-depth understanding and application of UX best-practice & accessibility
- strong content writing skills
- a human-centred and inclusive approach to content creation
- strong presentation skills
- the ability to manage time well and respond to time constraints accordingly
Closing date: 11pm, 07th of August 2022
Interviews date: TBC
We'll be asking you to share worked examples of where you have taken a problem and created solutions to those problems. We're interested in how you got to your decision, what research you did and how that influenced your solution.
We're asking you in advance so you can have time to think about your approach and examples.
We will also ask you to prepare a short presentation - more information will be provided if you're application is successful.
Please do let us know before the interview if you have any access needs. We will do our best to accommodate.
If you would like more information about the role but would like an informal discussion first please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.