Job Title: Senior Highways Officer
Salary Range: From £36,371 per annum plus £2,000 Market Forces
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Hertfordshire truly is the County of Opportunity, facing the future with a determination to tackle climate change, deliver sustainable services, places and achieve good growth. Active Travel is at the forefront of its thinking and embedded as the priority in our Local Transport Plan (LTP).
Hertfordshire County Council offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Transport Planner, with a focus on assessing the highway impacts of developments and providing responses to local authorities. You’ll join our specialist Development Management (DM) Group at an exciting time for the county, as you help to facilitate safe and highly sustainable growth across Hertfordshire.
What the role will include:
- Evaluating and reporting upon the transport implications of planning applications
- Providing support to the process of negotiating with developers and their consultants on contributions to transportation infrastructure
- Ensuring other team members and key stakeholders are involved/consulted as early as possible, creating positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Representing the Highway Authority at planning appeals, including supporting team members at Public Inquiries and Local Plan Examination Inquiries
- Assisting the Head of Development Management to deliver various projects.
What we’d like to see from the perfect Senior DM Officer:
- A good depth of and breadth of technical knowledge in the Highways sector
- Or hold a degree in a closely related discipline
- An understanding of transport related and regeneration issues
- Knowledge of the planning process
- Good appreciation of the political & environmental context within which the service operates, demonstrating awareness of the wider implications.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with relevant experience to broaden their knowledge in the transport sector where you will be considering development proposals involving strategic and local schemes.
No agency enquiries.
Closing Date: Sunday 14th August 2022
Interview Date: TBC
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: James Dale, Development Manager on 01992 556120 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Mark Youngman, Group Manager Development on 01992 588024 or Mark.Youngman@hertfordshire.gov.uk