We have an exciting opportunity for a Scheme Manager to take responsibility for the efficient day to day management of the accommodation that makes up the St Mary’s Hospital almshouse portfolio, for enabling its residents to live independently, for managing budgets and for reporting to and liaising closely with Trustees.
We are seeking someone who is an experienced leader with experience of working with the elderly and an appreciation of the challenges that they might face.
Position: Scheme Manager
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Benefits: Pension contribution, 34 days’ leave including Bank Holidays, Employee Assistance Programme and free onsite parking.
The successful post-holder will be responsible for:
- supporting residents across all sites including facilitating appropriate two way communications;
- supporting residents to live independently;
- sign-posting residents to relevant benefits and external support;
- ensuring appropriate policies and processes are in place including a safeguarding plan;
- managing all resident appointments form initial enquiry to successful induction;
- managing people, systems inc finance, and acting as deputy clerk to the Trustee Board.
Please read the full and detailed job description available here
We would like to hear from you if you:
- have a track record of leading people effectively and are comfortable in making decisions and being accountable;
- are comfortable in managing processes including meetings administration, finances and budgets to time-lines and sometimes juggling conflicting priorities effectively;
- have experience of working with the elderly, understanding the challenges that they might face and also understanding the support landscape for the elderly including the benefits system and housing support and the ability to signpost residents to the support available to them
Close sympathy with the Christian Ethos of St Mary’s Hospital is essential.
The post-holder will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and mandatory safeguarding training will be provided.
For an informal conversation about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a telephone conversation with David Coulthard, the Clerk to Trustees at St Mary’s and line manager for this post.
About the Organisation
St Mary's Hospital is a traditional almshouse that has existed on its present site since the end of the thirteenth century; not as part of a religious order but as an independent Christian foundation. A community had already been established to care for the sick, and for the poor who needed a bed for the night. It was supported by endowments and benefactions, and by the middle of the sixteenth century the hospital catered for permanent residents rather than temporary visitors.
Today, St Mary's Hospital Trustees welcome applications for admission to the almshouses from applicants who must:
- be elderly and of limited financial means.
- be in sufficiently good health to cook and housekeep for themselves.
- be of good character.
- have resided for the five years preceding their application in an ecclesiastical parish in the Diocese of Chichester, any part of which is within 15 miles of the Cathedral Church of Chichester.
- be in sympathy with the religion of the Church of England, preferably a communicant member.
The residential accommodation, which has been progressively improved and increased, currently offers over 40 flats and cottages on the original site and on another site, Dears, that is a short walk from St Mary’s.
For an informal conversation about the role, please email email@example.com
to arrange a telephone conversation with David Coulthard, the Clerk to Trustees at St Mary’s and line manager for this post.
Please complete and submit an application form available here on our website to Val Timlin, Head of HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 9.00am on Thursday 14th July 2022
Interview Date: Monday 18th July 2022 - pm.
Completion of on-line MAPP Assessment will be required from shortlisted applicants – allow one hour Thursday 14 July pm or Friday 15 July am.