Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Location: Kings Cross, London (Hybrid Working)
We are mid-way through an exciting 2 year digital 'Workwise' programme to compliment the wide range of services we offer our residents. One of the key features of our digital programme is an online portal, developed on Microsoft's Azure platform, which allows residents to self-serve by accessing a range of online services anywhere, anytime.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the roadmap of technical products and acting as the subject matter expert in Cloud Computing Technologies (including Azure) and the software development process. You will work with cross functional teams in a collaborative way and play a key role in each phase of the software/product development lifecycle. Working as the Cloud specialist you will be developing products for the Company's customers as well as configuring tools and technologies to enhance the value they derive.
- Interact with business users, product managers, developers and other IT staff in order to envision, model and provide initial models and designs that can be built.
- Review the code to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity, advocating clarity and ensure best practice is followed.
- Act as design authority for end to end designs involving NPI (New Product Introduction) projects (i.e. new and extending products), and technologies.
- Steer technical solutions for assigned NPI (i.e. new and extending products) through the entire lifecycle of the project. Knowledge and thought leadership - Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies including outside of the Housing sector.
- Experience gained in a mid-large scale heterogeneous enterprise with customer facing web/mobile application development
- Being the link between Product and Development to ensure all technical considerations are addressed and not just 'put back onto' Project Management. taking into account needs of all project stakeholders: end users, project sponsors, QA, operations, UI/UX designers etc.
- Being a key contributor & independent reviewer at design reviews.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of successful technical leadership, working as an architect on complex projects and programmes.
- Ability to design complex technical solutions in an inclusive and participatory manner, to negotiate with and influence other design parties including business users, technical staff, software developers and third party suppliers.
- Ability to innovate and think creatively, showing willingness to apply new approaches to solving problems and to learn new methods and technologies.
- The ability to build relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of IT technical design and security within an environment governed by standards and codes of compliance.
- Experience in integrating within a heterogeneous systems landscape. This should include experience in integrating to third party, cloud-based platforms for aspects such as authentication, payments etc.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and deploying scalable and resilient RESTful web services.
- Good in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure Stack (preferable) or AWS.
- Experience of solutions design and implementation of a range of network and infrastructure services.
- Leading the technical design, development and implementation of complex, integrated, enterprise cloud applications
- Significant experience of designing infrastructure and database solutions required for the operation and evolution of existing and new key business applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think analytically, with systematic and logical approach to solving complex problems, and high attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- Effective IT skills including basic/intermediate/advanced MS Office skills
In return we offer:
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
- Applications close at 23:59 on 17 July 2022.
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online, please contact Retinue Solutions via email@example.com or call 07384 798 495 to discuss your requirements.