Headteacher. St. Berteline’s Church of England (Voluntary Aided) Primary School.
Required from 1st January 2023.
Spine point L.15 to L. 21 (Dependant on previous experience).
Full time, permanent post.
Following the decision by our current Headteacher to take retirement, the pupils, staff and governing body are seeking to appoint a new leader.
This is an exciting opportunity for an existing Headteacher or Deputy head who has the leadership ability, enthusiasm, drive, determination and commitment to continue to develop this unique school now and into the future.
We seek to build on the very firm foundations that our present headteacher has developed, to continue to provide an excellent academic and pastoral education for every child in our care as well as supportive and nurturing environment for our staff.
The successful candidate will:
- create inspire and embody the Christian Ethos and culture of this Church school.
- ensure the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all.
- have the central responsibility for raising the quality of teaching and learning for pupils’ achievement.
- build a Christian learning community which enables others to achieve.
- organise a structure which reflects the schools’ values and mission statement.
- be accountable to a wide range of groups, particularly pupils, parent, carers, governors, parish, Diocese and the LA.
- engage with the internal and external school community to secure Christian principles of equity and entitlement.
In return, we can offer you:
- the opportunity to lead this unique school on its future journey.
- the opportunity to lead a team of dedicated staff who are talented, hardworking, enthusiastic and who want the best for all pupils.
- A school of wonderful, happy children who inspire and delight.
St. Berteline’s is a semi open plan building which opened in 1982. It is situated in a suburban area on the outskirts of Runcorn. The in-take is from a very mixed demographic. Currently there are 285 pupils.
How to Apply:
We highly recommend that you visit St.Berteline’s before making application so that you can learn more about the school. Interested applicants will be welcomed on either:
The afternoon of Monday 18th July 2022 or the afternoon of Monday 12th September 2022.
Please telephone our Business Manager, Mrs Heather Sinclair to book an appointment.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 14th September 2022.
Interviews to be held on: Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th September 2022.
For further information about this post and how to apply, please see the application pack attached.
St. Berteline’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service