The salary for this position is £53,918 - £60,864 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
This role is open to remote working meaning you aren't required in the office 5 days a week. We’re less about you driving to work and more about us collectively driving down our carbon footprint. We care about how you work rather than where you work; the people rather than the postcode. In support of our people and our greener futures strategies, we’d welcome a conversation with the successful candidate on what remote working may look like for you.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Now is a great time to join us!
With a strong Community Vision for Surrey and Organisation Strategy, we’ve made huge strides over the past couple of years, stabilising our finances and delivering a transformation programme that is fundamentally changing the way we work, for the benefit of Surrey residents. The challenge is huge, the opportunities even greater!
Led by Rachel Wigley (Director of Finance Insight) and Anna D’Alessandro (Director of Corporate Finance), our ambitious Finance Improvement Programme is redefining the way we work as partners with the wider organisation. You will be at the forefront of excellent financial management, part of a team working to deliver great services to the community and ensuring our finances are sustainable.
About the Role
As a fully qualified Accountant, you will have strong business partnering skills in communication, relationship-building and influencing. You will be proficient in the use and interpretation of financial data with good attention to detail and IT skills, and be effective at managing others and your own time in order to meet deadlines. You will have experience in modelling financial information to inform options appraisal and decision making and will ideally have experience in working with capital projects.
Working closely with the Land and Property Service, key activities of the role include:
- Preparing and appraising investment options for capital and revenue projects
- Understanding and quantifying cross Council service costs and potential efficiencies of capital and revenue proposals (collaborating with others)
- Utilising financial data to inform and drive decision making and the asset strategy (Eg. maintenance, disposals, re-purpose)
- Working with Land and Property colleagues to ensure financial data within capital business case proposals are accurate, robust and full options appraisal has been carried out
- Preparing and supporting financial analysis of real estate costs to the council, covering capital and revenue
- Costing financial impact of different service proposals - analysing trends and cost drivers to inform budget planning / options appraisals / revenue implications of capital delivery schemes
- Working with budget holders to set Medium Term Financial Strategy spending and savings targets
- Proactively support and challenge financial management
- Working collaboratively with budget holders to ensure financial information is robust, timely and provided with insight
- Ensuring budget holders have access to appropriate financial management skills and training
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 7th August 2022.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing 15th August 2022.
For an informal discussion please contact Louise Lawson via email at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.