Business Information Officer
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for Research Officer to join our small but friendly Social Impact Team.
The Research Officer role will work across the business carrying out research and analysing data in order inform the senior management team and Board to aid strategic decisions.
You will play a vital role in undertaking in-depth research and analysis to understand the current issues. Research projects will focus on our social impact.
The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience of developing and delivering research projects and present data in an engaging and concise manner to a range of audiences.
Educated to degree level, possess a relevant qualification or demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role; you will be a highly motivated, a quick learner with a can do approach. You will need to have excellent advanced MSExcel skills
Who we are looking for
To be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Strong project management skills and a track record of direct responsibility for the management and delivery of research projects
- Good understanding of evaluation methodologies and the ability to design robust service and project evaluations
- Excellent knowledge of the use and application of common statistical techniques (e.g. averaging, correlations, statistical significance)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
You may also have:
- Experience using business intelligence software
- Experience of working in a similar environment in a research setting or in another capacity
- A degree or professional qualification that includes a substantial element of social research methods and training
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays
- £38,238 pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 9,000 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £120 million and a development programme that will deliver over 450 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
Please see below for a copy of the Research Officer Job description.
CVs must be supported by a covering statement - demonstration how youmeet the person specification.
Closing date: Tuesday 9th August 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 17th August 2022
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.