- • Are you an experienced and successful delivery manager who has led a range of complex projects from inception to roll-out and transition into support?
- • Do you have excellent stakeholder management skills and are you an expert at building strong relationships?
- • Are you comfortable leading multidisciplinary teams, working with internal colleagues as well as supplier resources?
- • Do you have experience with different project management approaches, with an appreciation of which methodology or what blend of methodologies is most appropriate to which projects?
- • Are you excited to work in the open and share experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Project Delivery Manager role could be perfect for you. Join us at the heart of our transformation and help us make sure our ambitious targets are achieved.
Our vision is to create connected and inclusive communities supported by innovative and digitally-optimised services. Hounslow is on an exciting journey of transformation with digital embedded at the very heart. Our work will improve the lives of our communities through improved digital services, skills and connectivity.
About the role
You’ll deliver a wide range of projects, make exciting plans come to life and you will work with teams across the council to provide the benefits needed to our communities. You’ll help us deliver better, more inclusive digital services to every corner of our borough.
You will work with stakeholders and other colleagues to scope and plan each of your projects; estimating costs, managing budgets, planning, and managing resources and ensuring robust governance and controls are in place and followed. You will adopt and champion new ways of working to deliver each project in the most effective way, keeping track of the risks, issues and dependencies. You will represent your projects at every stage of the process and provide regular highlight reports to your key stakeholders and other interested parties.
The work you do will be fundamental to the success of our transformation.
Find out more
Read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please outline what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- • A competitive salary of £35,496 - £44,628.
- • A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays and Christmas closure days.
- • Generous, secure, and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- • Season ticket loan.
- • Staff wellbeing services.
- • ...and much more...
More about the benefits of working for the council can be found here: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20037/working_for_the_council
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. We offer flexible working and do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week. However, it’s important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.