- • Are you passionate about the end user and do you consider their needs to be at the centre of everything you design?
- • Do you always look for creative and innovative ways to benefit users?
- • Are you comfortable championing users’ perspectives whilst keeping business and technical needs in mind?
- • Are you an experienced BA or currently working in customer service, with a firm grasp of using business analysis and user research to investigate problems and analyse options for new and existing services?
- • Do you have confidence in developing robust business cases which outline potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits and identifying associated risks and costs?
- • Do you have excellent stakeholder management skills and are you an expert at building strong relationships with those impacted by change?
- • Do you enjoy working in the open and sharing experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Business Analyst role could be perfect for you. Join us and help provide the insight necessary to meet the evolving needs of our communities.
Our vision is to create connected and inclusive communities supported by innovative and digitally-optimised services. Hounslow is on an exciting journey of transformation with digital embedded at the very heart. Our work will improve the lives of our communities through improved digital services, skills and connectivity.
The work you do will be fundamental to the success of our transformation.
About the role
The Service Design Team sits with Digital and IT, but covers all aspects of customer experience, from start to finish. We’ll look to you to investigate issues, design, plan and carry out research for some of our most complex design challenges. You’ll then analyse the results and provide information to guide the transformation of our services and make the best use of our investments in technology.
You’ll always be on the lookout for opportunities to reduce costs, improve, optimise and innovate. You’ll champion user-centred design, helping the wider team and organisation develop a deep understanding of the people that use our services and the people who deliver them.
With your research and analysis, we can get to the heart of our residents’ needs, build amazing services, and, ultimately, make people’s lives better.
Technology is not the focus here, excellent customer service is, and your user-centred skills will help us achieve that.
Note that post is offered on a fixed term contract for 18 months, with the potential to be extended.
Find out more
Read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please outline what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- • A competitive salary of £41,586 -£49,674.
- • A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays and Christmas closure days.
- • Generous, secure and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- • Season ticket loan.
- • Staff wellbeing services.
- • ...and much more...
More about the benefits of working for the council can be found here: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20037/working_for_the_council
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. We offer flexible working and do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week. However, it’s important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.