- • Are you an expert at building relationships and establishing trust at every level within organisations, and working collaboratively and innovatively to find solutions?
- • Is your approach to solving problems practical yet creative, and can you influence and steer discussions to a positive conclusion?
- • Are you naturally collaborative and inquisitive, and fascinated by the possibilities offered by technology and digital solutions, with a broad understanding of how they are used and the impact they have on the lives of our communities?
- • Do you have experience of working in a role that translates business and user needs into practical solutions?
- • Are you excited to work in the open and share experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Business Relationship Manager role could be perfect for you. Join us and help make digital come alive throughout the council.
Our vision is to create connected and inclusive communities supported by innovative and digitally-optimised services. Hounslow is on an exciting journey of transformation with digital embedded at the very heart. Our work will improve the lives of our communities through improved digital services, skills and connectivity.
About the role
As a Business Relationship Manager, you will help service areas with everything from major changes and service transformation to developing new and improved processes that make the most of digital solutions. You will act as a trusted advisor and the main point of liaison between service areas and Digital and IT, ensuring that our services and the projects planned and delivered meet the users’ needs and service’s requirements, driving high levels of customer satisfaction.
You’ll use your understanding of the needs of both our users and our services areas to surface demand for digital initiatives and propose solutions and approaches in line with our digital strategy. You will help to design services and shape solutions that optimise existing systems or that explore the use of new technologies, offering opportunities for digital to transform the lives of our communities.
Find out more
Read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please outline what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- • A competitive salary of £41,586 - £44,628.
- • A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays and Christmas closure days.
- • Generous, secure, and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- • Season ticket loan.
- • Staff wellbeing services.
- • ...and much more...
More about the benefits of working for the council can be found here: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20037/working_for_the_council
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. We offer flexible working and do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week. However, it’s important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.