We have an exciting opportunity to join the Application Support team in ICT and Digital Services.
This role will be responsible for creating and delivering training courses using a variety of platforms and initiatives to internal staff within Bracknell Forest Council.
The role will also contribute to the coordination and delivery of Digital and ICT initiatives including, any application implementation or continual improvement plan. Areas like this will always require upskilling staff via learning and development route.
We're always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Get the most out of our systems, to make use of our user's time more affective? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You're going to have a big impact on the training we deliver and develop, so you'll be trusted to take ownership of your work.
You'll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team…
The team work closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to the Bracknell Forest Council staff to help them support Bracknell Forest residents.
This role will also contribute to the training programme for the Digital & ICT teams, ensuring all staff undertake appropriate training to meet the requirements of their roles. Oversee ITIL, TOGAF, Cyber Security training, Azure learning pathways and Apprenticeship Qualifications to ensure all staff in the teams are appropriately certified to support organisational requirements.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- The post has a key role in maintaining effective relationships between Digital systems support teams, application support teams, the project management team where new products or changes are being introduced as a result, and external partners, learning providers, customers in departments, Managers and employees.
- This post has a key role in providing guidance, advice and information to managers and employees on all aspects of the development of the Council's Digital and ICT Learning and Development services and processes.
- The post plays a major role in developing and overseeing the training and professional development of staff in the Digital and ICT Teams.
- Commitment to the Council's Equal Opportunities policy at all times
- Commitment to working within the bounds of the Data Protection Act and GDPR legislation at all times
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we're looking for…
This role requires strong customer focus, excellent interpersonal skills along with a keen interest in improving the ICT support function in addition to excellent organisational, technical and analytical skills to enable high quality, robust support for its customers as well as contributing to changing technologies. Excellent communication skills are essential, along with diplomacy, influencing skills and a thorough appreciation and understanding of the end user technology used by our customers.
You need to be skilled in challenging others in a constructive way and can demonstrate a keen record of achievement within a project-led environment. Able to deal with a multitude of varied tasks within a set time scale you need to be well organised. With good verbal and written skills, you should be able to work alongside business, IT, Digital and support colleagues with ease.
Working in a changing and developing IT environment provides great prospects for your career.
You will have lots of responsibility right from the start, you'll be empowered to help define our journey. At the same time, we'll make sure you have the training and support you need to get your own journey off to a flying start. Make your future about shaping tomorrow.
Interviews will be held on 18/08/2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Sarah Howard, Applications Team Manager, 01344 351932 or Sarah.Howard@bracknell-forest.gov.uk
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.