Our Housing Property Services Teams are committed to providing good quality sustainable homes for our residents to live in. To compliment this, The Business and Quality Assurance Team are looking for an enthusiastic, curious, logical individual who enjoys a challenge and wants to make change happen - quality is at the heart of service delivery and vital to delivering our vision for everyone to have the opportunity to live in a good quality sustainable home and you could help shape this.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
You will be working as a key member of the Quality and Business Assurance Team who are responsible for performance management and service improvement. Your role will be to inspect the workmanship of Housing repair jobs, investigate trends and quality issues, work with our teams to improve service delivery, and make recommendations/introduce change to take us forward as the next step in our journey to improve standards.
You’ll be part of a wider team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
- Are you motivated by a desire to improve outcomes for customers?
- Are you interested in improving service delivery?
- Do you have an enquiring mind to help understand why things have happened, what can be done to prevent them from occurring again, and how to improve them?
- Do you know what makes a good repair?
- Are you good at seeing patterns and trends in data?
- Are you a good communicator?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a chance to be in at the beginning of developing the quality side of the service we deliver to our customers.
Reading Housing Services has a diverse property portfolio which provides an excellent opportunity to work with buildings across a wide spectrum of age and type, including traditional, system and modular.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
We offer a competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at work
For more information contact Jane Bloomfield on email@example.com or call 0118 9372136
Closing date: 7th August 2022
Interview date: TBC
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.