St. Peter’s Catholic Primary School
Romford RM1 4JA
Tel: 01708 745506
1 Part Time Teaching Assistant
Salary: Scale 3 Pt 5-6. FTE £22,575 - £22,983 p.a. Pro rata salary of £16,396 - £16,692 p.a.
Hours: 30.5 hours per week for 39 Weeks Per Year.
To support children across the school with a range of needs which may include SEN Children with ASD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Receptive and Expressive language difficulties
The governors wish to appoint qualified Teaching Assistants to support the educational needs of children across the school/ The role may also include lunchtime supervision of the children in the playground.
The successful applicants will:
- Have a thorough understanding of Special Educational Needs
- Be able to engage and enthuse SEND pupils to access learning
- Be able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs
- Support the pupils in developing effective communication skills and may have experience of using Colourful Semantics and other communication support
- Use strategies to encourage the pupil’s independence.
- Help the pupil in developing social awareness and forming friendships.
- Be positive in outlook, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the child and in the classroom setting; be patient, calm and resilient
- Take directions from the class teacher but also be willing to use their own initiative.
- Undertake training as necessary.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Specific training in relation to supporting these pupils will be given
St. Peter’s is currently extending to 2FE and enjoying the benefits of a beautiful new build and extended facilities. We maintain a friendly community, well-behaved, responsive pupils and very supportive parents and governors. Our staff are hard working and committed to ensuring that our school aims are upheld and that every child’s well-being and safety is a priority.
Visits to the school are essential. To arrange an appointment with the Headteacher or SENCO, please contact the school office on 01708 745506. Only those applicants who visit the school will be considered for shortlisting.
Please apply online
Closing Date: Noon Friday 9 September 2022
Previous applicants need not apply