We don't just provide care and support to individuals on discharge. We support them to live more independent and fulfilling lives and promote independence.
We are proud of the care we give and the services we provide to vulnerable people when they leave hospital. Working with the discharge teams in hospitals we facilitate safe and timely discharges. As part of our hospital discharge team, you will also get the support and resources you need to provide excellent care.
Because we're Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team…
We are a small friendly team who work together to make a difference to the people we support. Team working is at our core, as is looking for development opportunities for our team members, to both promote career development and the development of our service. We are always looking at how we can do things better.
You will work as part of our hospital and enhanced intermediate care team, which is an integrated local authority/NHS team, providing reablement to maximise independence, support people to remain in their own communities, facilitate timely and safe discharges from hospital, avoid unnecessary hospital admission and to enable people to stay at home at the end of their lives. We believe that it is essential the people we support get the right care so on occasions you will need to act as an advocate on their behalf to make that happen.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To participate in the duty arrangements for the team.
- Make referrals for specialist assessments/intervention as appropriate.
- Work with people, including advocates and carers, to develop person-centred plans designed to meet needs in ways that maximises independence, choice and control, and are legal and affordable.
- Work with family carers to identify their needs as carers and to develop appropriate plans with the carers to meet those needs.
- Ensure that, throughout this work, all policies and procedures of the department are adhered to.
- Participate in safeguarding assessments and planning.
- Participate in MDT's and discharge planning meetings.
- To act in the best interest of an individual who lacks mental capacity, using the principles defined in the Mental Capacity Act (2005) to maintain their safety until a time that capacity returns or alternative arrangements are made.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for continuous professional development through internal and external training courses.
- Able to contribute to service improvement and implement new ideas.
- Essential car user allowance and London Weighing
- Agile working - from home and in the Community - supported by up to date IT kit
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme
- An inclusive and friendly working environment
- A great office location, with free car parking next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (increases after 3 years)
- Internal sports and social club opportunities, discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
What we're looking for…
We are looking for qualified social workers registered with SW England, with at least one year's experience in a hospital social work team. You will have a passion for providing exceptional care and support and, on occasions, the ability to deal with ambitious expectations in a confident and straightforward/pragmatic manner. You'll need to demonstrate excellent knowledge of best practice and provide expert advice to both colleagues and partner agencies, as well as to the people we support. We are looking for Social Workers who want to work in a dynamic and team orientated environment. Above all, you'll empower the people that we work with; facilitating their recovery and helping them overcome the barriers that prevent them from doing the activities that matter to them.
Interview date - tbc
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Michelle Watson, Assistant Community Service Manager
Tel.: 01344 352 643 or 07795 301 562
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.