The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead HR Service is about to embark on an exciting period of change. Here in HR, we are about to begin enhancing our existing HR Information System (HRIS) alongside undertaking a strategic review of our current provision. It is our mission to bring about real improvement to our employee and customer journeys, whilst also supporting managers and the wider organisation in delivery of its goals and values. We are looking to fill several roles to support us during this period of development. We want individuals who are motivated to provide great customer service, have a passion for doing things the most efficient way possible and have the desire to be part of a fantastic team of individuals working towards a shared goal.
We are looking for a motivated individual with experience of working in a high-volume processing role to join our Operational HR team. Our team is the first point of contact for a broad range of HR related queries. From contracts to maternity, recruitment to exit surveys they provide excellent customer service to over 4,000 employees across our entire customer base. This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to take that next step on their HR journey and so some previous experience of HR would stand you in a great position to develop within this role.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Being responsible for resourcing administration, including recruitment and advertising, terms and conditions administration, and the accurate input of starters/leavers/changes into the HR System iTrent
- Working with the rest of the HR Operations team on projects to improve and develop existing practices with a customer focused approach
- Deal with a wide range operational queries from all customers in a timely manner
- Deliver approved training in Operational HR processes to internal and external customers
The right candidate will:
- Have a questioning approach with a strong ability to problem solve
- Be a quick efficient learner who thrives in a high-volume environment
- Have excellent customer service skills, with the ability to communicate both written and verbally, information which at times can complex of others to understand
- Previous exposure to local government and/or HR would be highly desirable
Exposure to iTrent HR/payroll systems and HR data would be a definite advantage, however training will be provided for the right candidate.
The post is 37 hours per week, over 5 days, with some flexibility required during busy periods. This post is initially a 1-year fixed term contract with the possibility of an extension.
If you wish to discuss this position informally, please contact Nick Middlemiss on 01628 685865.
If you are interested in this position please apply as soon as possible as we are interviewing candidates as they apply, once we have successfully appointed to position the advert will removed.