Be supported to own and take action. Our journey, our place, your opportunity.
At Bracknell Forest's Adult Community Service, we are committed to working alongside our health partners to deliver the best health and social care outcomes for our residents seven days a week. This post sits in our Intermediate Care and Hospital Discharge services to support a seven day 8am-8pm community response.
We care about the wellbeing of our residents. And our Adults Community Service helps us to protect some of our most vulnerable residents. We work in partnership with our health colleagues to support Bracknell Forest people to stay as independent as possible and live the best life they can.
It's a time of more integrated working than ever with our health colleagues to support people with health issues before they need hospital treatment and also support those leaving hospital to return and recover at home.
Our aim is to ensure our residents can get the right support at the right time and in the right place seven days a week, which most of the time is in their own homes.
Working across our adult teams, integrated intermediate care service and hospital discharge services, our Assistant Community Services Manager will support us in our aim to provide a seamless seven-day service, providing management support to those of our clinical and support staff rota'd to work weekends and public holidays.
The postholder will work weekends as part of their usual working week. As an Assistant Community Services Manager, in conjunction with your colleagues in the adult community team and intermediate care services, you will be expected to provide guidance and advice across the whole team, including Senior Therapists, Social Workers, Nurses and Care and Support staff to ensure that people aren't "waiting for Monday" to get the care and support they need.
Make your future about shaping tomorrow.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
There's a great team ethos with a sense of common belonging and a can-do attitude. It's a fast paced but friendly service where staff support each other
Based at our Bracknell Forest council offices, you will be supporting Bracknell's intermediate care service, hospital discharge team and the adult community team ensuring the flow of work across all parts of the system. It's a fast-paced role and you will support staff to work in a strengths based way to enable people to live the best life they can. You will be working in partnership with Berkshire's urgent community response for Bracknell residents to ensure only people who need to go into hospital do, as well as our colleagues in our local acute and community trusts to provide timely and safe discharge.
This post will be a key component of our learning around what our seven-day offer will look like in the future. Job share could also be considered.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties and responsibilities...
- To assist the Service Manager with agreed delegated responsibilities, in order to contribute to the provision of a seamless community service for adults across seven days, working predominantly at weekends and public holidays.
- Helping shape our partnerships with health and delivering on national priorities in the NHS Long Term Plan.
- To provide professional supervision and guidance to staff as well as recruitment, training, appraisal and where appropriate, performance management.
- To ensure that arrangements for support are cost-effective before they are submitted for approval and that staff understand their responsibilities in relation to financial management.
- To work with health partners and our emergency duty service to take responsibility for safeguarding investigations and act as the decision maker.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Additional out of hours responsibility pay of 10% on top of salary.
- An essential car user allowance of £963 per annum.
- London Fringe Allowance of £637 per annum.
- Full reimbursement of your SWE registration.
- A modern open plan workspace with state-of-the-art meeting facilities and access to parking. The office is close to the regenerated town centre.
- Regular opportunities for development and sharing learning.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Flexibility around remote working.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Regular clinical supervision, ongoing team support and development opportunities.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- A Dell ‘Ultrabook’ touch screen laptop and a smart phone.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we're looking for...
You will need to be a Social Work England registered Social Worker or a HCPC registered Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist with a professional qualification, and proven post qualifying experience in integrated health and social care services.
You will have an extensive knowledge of the local authority’s powers and duties under the Care Act 2014. You will have experience of working with integrated health and social care systems and managing a range of multidisciplinary staff. You will be able to manage multiple demands on your time and expertise.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong and successful leadership and implement service improvements.
Interviews date is to be confirmed.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Anna McCafferty
Job Title: Community Services Manager
Phone Number: 01344 351472
Name: Amy Gates
Job Title: Operational Integration Manager
Phone Number: 01344 351479
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.