We are looking for five Senior Support Officers to support the Hertfordshire ‘Homes for Ukraine’ programme that was set up in March 2022, with its main focus in welcoming and supporting those that arrive in the county through the Homes for Ukraine scheme aim. The programme supports Ukrainians who have been forced to flee their homes have a route to safety. First and foremost, this involves providing information and access to core services in the area as the arrivals settle, such as schooling, health services, benefits, access to jobs, crisis support and help with integrating into their local communities. Hertfordshire County Council plays a co-ordination role across a range of affected services, regularly meeting with the ten district and borough councils, the police, fire service, NHS, community, and voluntary sectors.
This role will include supporting various teams within the programme providing a high level of customer service and administration.
This post provides administrative support to individuals, teams within Homes for Ukraine Scheme, with main responsibilities:
- To work with the host families and Ukraine guests to address any problems that may have arisen with the main priority to find guests an alternative host if necessary
- To mange a full range of administration duties, working on your own initiative ensuring that government guidelines are followed
Although the role does not require any specific qualifications, experience in service delivery or a business-related qualification would be beneficial, and you will need to be able to demonstrate your experienced in the following:
- You will be a competent administrator with experience of using Microsoft Office who is confident to be the first point of contact for Managers and possess excellent customer care skills
- We are looking for people with experience working under pressure, using your own initiative in making the correct decisions
- You will be self-motivated, professional, and approachable providing excellent team support and best practice at all times
- You must be willing to undertake a variety of administrative tasks, operating within departmental policies and procedures
This role will give you the opportunity to get directly involved with Hertfordshire’s support for the Ukrainians providing a safe place
Closing Date: TBC
Interview Date: TBC
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Simon Berriman, firstname.lastname@example.org