Rise Park Academy Trust
Rise Park Junior School
Annan Way, Romford, Essex RM1 4UD
Telephone: 01708 761935
Executive Headteacher: Mrs C. Fox
Head of School: Miss C. Street
1:1 Pupil Learning Support Assistant – Key Stage 2
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Required September 2022 until 21st July 2023
Hours: 11.25 hours per week (1.00-3.15pm)
Scale: Scale 2 Points 3 - 4
Actual salary for above hours: £5809 - £5915 based on a full time equivalent of £21,783 - £22,179
Rise Park Junior School is part of the Success for All Educational Trust, where children are well behaved and keen to learn. Staff are friendly and supportive within a welcoming, aspirational environment.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic learning support assistant (LSA) to join our successful team to work with a named KS2 pupil.
Applications are welcome from candidates with experience of working with KS2 children. A NVQ2 qualification or above is desirable, but not essential.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in working with pupils with additional needs, including challenging behaviour.
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs.
- Proactive, well-organised and willing to work collaboratively with the class teacher and other LSAs.
- Able to engage and enthuse the named pupil to participate in lessons.
- Passionate about supporting all groups of children in order to enhance the quality of their learning and raise pupil achievement.
- Flexible and able to work well as part of a team.
We can offer:
- A well-resourced learning environment
- A cohesive and enthusiastic staff team
- Polite and motivated pupils
- Support and commitment to continuing professional development
- A positive, engaged wider school community.
To apply please visit the school's website for an application form. Completed applications to be emailed to email@example.com. Alternatively you can apply via JGP online form.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Thursday 1st September
Interviews (including a short English and Maths skills assessment): w/c 5th September
Please assume that if you have not had any acknowledgement of your application that you have not been successful.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the disclosure and barring service check. SFAET is an Equal Opportunities employer.
“We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community regardless of gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age or sexual orientation.”