We helped John to remain at home and in his local community with the appropriate level of support from carers to help him maintain his independence - he is now happy at home with the support provided.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track using a strength-based approach. It's why our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with. Put simply, we work with people to change lives for the better. We are proud of the care we give and the services we provide to vulnerable people…
Because we are Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team...
The Adult Community Locality Team is a busy and supportive multidisciplinary team. You will assist in the overseeing of the social work team to facilitate timely discharge from hospital, avoid unnecessary hospital admission, reduce dependence on care, support families and enabling people to stay within their own communities. You will have opportunities to be part of the development and growth of the team and will be encouraged to work on projects or focus on areas of interest.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To work as a Social Worker as part of a multi-disciplinary team, connecting people and their families to their community/social network enabling them to live within their own communities, have a timely discharge from hospital, avoid unnecessary hospital admission and reduce dependence on long term care
- To support in delivering and maintaining high standards of performance ensuring continuous development and supporting people to fulfil their roles to maximum effectiveness within allocated resources.
- Take responsibility for own learning, including mandatory and suggested training, and the training of students and identified staff
- Take an active part in your own supervision and appraisal and to supervise and appraise allocated staff in accordance with the departmental supervision policy and council's appraisal policy
- To take a departmental or team lead within a specified area of work as required.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and friendly working environment
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Agile working "from home and in the Community" supported by up to date IT kit
- A great office location with free car parking next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Essential car user allowance and London Weighting
- Generous annual leave entitlement (increases after 3 years)
What we're looking for...
We are looking for qualified social workers registered with SW England, with at least one year's experience in a Local Authority Locality Team. You'll need to demonstrate excellent knowledge of best practice and legislation. You'll empower the people that we work with to do the activities that matter to them.
Interviews will be held on 19th September 2022.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Melanie Fleming, Assistant Community Services Manager
Tel.: 01344 351500
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.