West Berkshire Council is looking to recruit a full time Resource Centre Manager.
We provide services for adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and for those with frailty and dementia.
The key responsibilities of this post are:-
To ensure that all services offered in the centre and in the community meet Adult Social Care principles of enablement, maximising independence and self-directed support.
- Manage the day to day operations of the resource centre/day opportunities, including role of Responsible Person.
- Ensure that the services offered provide value for money and are of high quality.
- Responsibility for promoting the vision and values of the West Berkshire Council Pan-Disability Services on the principles of Valuing People.
- Taking the lead in other areas of Operational Management as appropriate to the job role in partnership with senior management team.
- To support the Service Manager as directed with the responsibility for the ongoing development of the pan disability services.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:-
- Effective financial management and control against allocated budgets through regular monitoring and production of reports
- Build, maintain and develop productive working relationships with external partners
- Promoting and demonstrating clear communication with staff and others within the council and well as externally and other stakeholders.
- Understand the change agenda and how that impacts on the running of the resource centre.
- To provide regular supervision and support to staff and ensure that all staff receive full induction, supervision and an annual appraisal
- Effectively manage the performance of staff including monitoring absence, by implementing Council policies and procedures
- Responsible for effective budget management, maximising take up of services and rentals of the premises which provide an income to the Council
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum rising to a maximum of 33 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
This role also requires you to work flexibly and undertake other duties appropriate to the post.
For an informal discussion, please contact Richard Pask, Business Manager (Adult Social Care) on 01635 519738.
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people who fall within any of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.