We are looking for an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to join our team in Building Services.
You will share our values, commitment, and motivation to make a difference for our residents, clients, and communities.
About the role
We are looking for a career focused Senior Building Surveyor with significant experience who is seeking their next career move within a progressive housing team.
You will be expected to deliver quality professional services to housing stock and corporate buildings including, preparing feasibility studies, estimating, surveying, design, procurement, tender actions, managing consultants and works contractors at sites, reporting on projects, managing communications and financial aspects of contracts.
Covering a wide range of projects, you will also engage on a full range of compliance relating activities including but not exclusive to core capital Investment and repairs works including retrofitting homes, building defects, cyclical maintenance, responsive works, and surveys of our housing and corporate properties.
- have gained a relevant Degree, HNC/HND/NVQ4 or will possess a comparable level of relevant experience in asset management, design, or construction
- hold a Professional qualification to post graduate level such as member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), or MCIOB or equivalent/similar, or substantial experience in this field
- require an excellent understanding of the social housing legislation and the changing environment is essential to ensure we deliver works that are best practice driven
- need to demonstrate proven Project Management skills from feasibility to lessons learnt as these are key elements of the role including specification and tender practices
- work with statutory authorities
- need to be an excellent team player who is able to build relationships and work closely within a team as the lead professional for repairs, development, and capital investment works
- be required to build relationships with tenants/tenant groups, occupiers/users of buildings, councillors, contractors, consultants, in-house project teams and have excellent communications skills and organisational ability.
The role will require the successful candidate to mentor other members of the team to deliver projects and highlight training needs, along with developing and instructing working teams for project specific delivery.
A full driver’s licence and access to a car will be required for this role, you will receive an essential car users’ allowance.
This role is based at our depot located in Great Wenham, Ipswich we are committed to home working and agile working although attendance at the Great Wenham depot will be required for meetings and team building working days.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy, and communities for our districts. We believe that the heart of Suffolk is an incredibly special place to live and work. With picturesque market towns, 60 conservation areas and two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) within our districts, it is little wonder that we are consistently within the top 50 places to live in the UK.
Benefits of working with us
- Great opportunities for learning and development.
- Suffolk Coaching and Mentoring Partnership
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 25 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
- Competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Employee Assist Program
- Health Care Options
Visit our Employee Benefits page for further information:
Our ways of working
We are committed to working in a more hybrid way, with a mix of office, home, and remote-based working (business needs permitting). This has worked well for us and is something we will be continuing with.
We are committed to supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, supporting and enabling our people to deliver the best possible service for our residents.
To find out more
If you wish to discuss this role and have an informal discussion, please contact Ian Sparkes by calling (01473) 296391 or emailing: email@example.com
How to apply
To apply, please click the button below.