Your enthusiasm, ability and attention to detail can help us to build high quality, accessible places, and highway networks that support development growth in the Borough.
Each day brings new challenges as we consider a wide variety of S278 and S38 highway schemes and agreements, which our specialist engineering teams help to deliver by working closely with colleagues and developers. You will be involved at the forefront, carrying out technical approval of schemes, preparing details for highway agreements and carrying out site inspections.
As you consider the needs of future residents, businesses, and visitors to the Borough, we will make sure you have the training and support you need to get your own journey off to a flying start.
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it is like working in our team...
Every day is different, with the opportunity to influence a wide variety of Section 278 and Section 38 highway agreements and the technical challenges that these create. Working directly to the Senior Adoptions Engineer and with the Development & Adoptions Manager, along with the highway adoptions team, you will see the results of your work and how this makes a difference to the users of the Borough's highway network.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities, and training...
* Supporting the technical evaluation and processes associated with Section 38 and Section 278 Highways Agreements and street naming and numbering.
* Communicate effectively with colleagues, predominantly in Highways & Transport and Planning, including through reports, mark-up of technical drawings and verbally, being open and respectful to the views of others.
* Undertake regular visits to development sites to meet with contractors and developers to ensure the smooth running of construction projects, confirming design requirements and that construction and procedures meet requirements
* Oversee and inspect the construction of new highways, serving development delivered as part of formal section 38 and section 278 works
* Reviewing road safety audits and responding to designers' responses at all stages of the design and construction process in accordance with highway standards
* Carrying out technical reviews of Section 38 and Section 278 submissions, and managing technical acceptance, provision certificates and final certificates procedure.
The benefits you will experience are...
* Flexible working arrangements, including home working.
* An inclusive and social working environment.
* Working in a supportive team. * A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
* Support and mentoring to gain training and experience to progress your career in Highways and Adoptions.
What we are looking for...
A motivated, enthusiastic, well organised individual who shows attention to detail. Someone who can evaluate Section 278 and Section 38 applications and highway agreements against relevant highways and transport policies and design standards.
Interviews will be week commencing 6th June 2022 (subject to any change in Covid-19 Roadmap set out by central Government)
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Chand Hassan, Senior Adoptions Engineer
Tel.: 01344 351160
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.