The Homelessness and Housing Needs Team is looking for a Housing Needs Triage Officer to join our team to be the first point of contact for households in the borough who have a housing need and to triage households so that they are then assessed by the most relevant parts of the service. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide a triage service via telephone, email and using our online case management system to households who have a housing need and to households who are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- To provide a first point of contact for the Housing Online and Allocations services
- To provide initial housing advice to households and details of suitable housing options in the private and public sector, including information on homelessness prevention
- To respond to all of the referrals that the Council receives under the Duty to Refer, making initial inquiries and triaging as appropriate
- To make emergency accommodation bookings on behalf of the Homelessness Prevention Officers
- To provide effective operational and administration support within the Homelessness and Housing Needs Team, including telephone calls to applicants to gather information, making third party enquiries, writing letters, taking notes, responding to emails and updating applicant records
Relevant experience in frontline/ operational Homelessness services is desirable.
Closing date: 11:00pm on 19 August 2022
Interview date: W/C 12 September 2022
For further information about this role, please contact Kate Layzell on 07871 735958 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, and other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.