Wokingham is not resting on its laurels. We are proud of the quality of life we offer: with great schools; green space; and a fantastic location. We will build on these foundations to create even more customer centric services that meet the needs of all our residents.
As a Data Analyst you will play an important role in the development and deployment of technical solutions to support our Programmes of work. Participating in a small team day to day to pull together data across the organisation, effectively cleanse, model and migrate or present it to enable officers, members and residents to develop an in depth understanding of our borough and our customers as well as how we as an organisation perform or operate on a day to day basis.
You will have a good level of experience and technical understanding using SQL, azure, and data engineering to collect, analyse and migrate. Knowledge of Northgate, Agresso, Mosaic products, document management and PowerBi would be a distinct advantage You will be detailed orientated, passionate about getting to the core of complex issues and able to challenge people’s conceptions.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
- Provide business analysis support to enable Council teams to make best use of technology systems ensuring solutions are developed and delivered to best practice methodologies
- Analysing existing systems, identifying weaknesses or areas for improvements and scoping changes
- Cleansing of data to ensure data integrity and performance
- Extract, transform, consolidate and load of historic data as identified by the Data Engineering and Application Lead
- Carry out system, module and workflow configuration with key line of business systems
- Support the development of data used within the Council to identify key trends and performance indicators
- Mapping of existing data structures to the new technology design in conjunction with business users
- Implement information strategies including those around data retention and storage
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:-
- Expert knowledge of MS SQL and experience of working with a broad range of data manipulation, reporting and analytic tools
- Ability to carry out systems analysis.
- Ability to lead and manage small projects
- Excellent knowledge of the capture and management of data types.
- Experience on the delivery of technology development, leading to organisational improvements
- Experience balancing multiple priorities, problem solving and dealing with ambiguity
- Educated to ‘A’ level or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join an excellent and dynamic team in Information Management Technology.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. WBC is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form. CV’s are not accepted.
Alternatively, if you would like to ask any questions about this role please email Julie Teague at Julie.email@example.com quoting ref 712477
Closing date for applications: 11pm, 21/08/2022