Job Title: Finance Officers – Business Support
Location: Apsley One (Flexible hybrid working- remotely)
Salary: £20,903 – £25,481 (depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contract: 13 months Fixed Term/Secondment
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for several Finance Officers to work in the community-based services within Adult Care Services. We have positions in Older People and Adult Disability Services across Hertfordshire on an initial 13-month fixed term/secondment basis, to work on client debt related tasks within the relevant services’ Business Support Teams.
Working as part of a team you will share the responsibility of carrying out early prevention work to ensure income generation and resolve finance and debt recovery issues. The role will include:
- Inputting of data and data cleansing on our debt management systems
- Communicating with service users and/or their representatives to discuss initial early debt cases
- Assisting the team’s Service Link Officers in dealing with complex debt
- Monitoring and chasing Deputyship, Appointeeship and Lasting Power of Attorney applications
You will need to be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to change your approach depending on the audience as you will have contact with a large number of internal and external parties. You will also be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and organized to provide administrative support to the Business Support Team.
Vacancies are currently available in:
- East and North Herts Older People Service – Office based in Stevenage
- East and North Herts Adult Disability Service – Office based in Stevenage
- Herts Valleys Older People Service – Office based in Hemel Hempstead
- Herts Valleys Adult Disability Service – Office based in Hemel Hempstead
Please provide a supporting statement how your skills and experience meet the criteria above and in the attached Job Outline. Please also indicate a preference of location and service.
Although these roles are based in our Stevenage and Apsley offices, and you will be expected to travel to the office when required, we do encourage people to work smartly, and you will be provided with a Laptop and Smartphone to enable you to work at home, or at one of our touchdowns across the county.
Working for Hertfordshire County Council you will receive a generous annual leave entitlement plus paid bank holiday. We offer a comprehensive induction and training programme, career progression opportunities and Local Government Pension Scheme.
Upon joining Hertfordshire County Council, you will have access to Herts Rewards which gives discounts and cashback on over 800 retailers and services. This also includes a childcare voucher scheme, car share scheme, cycle to work scheme, purchased annual leave scheme, an Employee Assistance Programme, and many other lifestyle, wellbeing, and financial benefits.
For further information and an informal discussion please contact Vithushaa Naguleswaran by email Vithushaa.Naguleswaran@hertfordshire.gov.uk
Closing Date: 23rd August 2022
Interview Dates: 2nd week of September 2022