We are looking for a full time caretaker, working 37.5 hours p/week in Basildon. Flexibility is essential. The successful candidate will be working within temporary accommodation services, managing void works, health and safety and general maintenance.
Responsible for -
- Health and safety checks, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Void works, getting properties of various sizes ready to let following departure of previous tenant in a timely manner, could include, repair works, cleaning, re decorating.
- Maintenance across multiple sites as required
- Overall maintenance and up keep of the entire grounds, gardens and properties
- Litter picking and gardening
- Some IT use required for admin
- Required to do additional training/eLearning around health and safety, fire safety, manual handling.
…And now for the small print:
All our positions require an Enhanced DBS check (Children and Adults)
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.