GIS, MONITORING AND CONSULTATION OFFICER
£23,023 to £ 24,920 per annum, pro rata
(Starting salary based on experience)
37 hours per week - Permanent Contract
Location: Hybrid Working
The GIS, Monitoring and Consultation Officer position is within the Planning Policy Team. The Council operates a flexible working policy as well as a facility to work from home on some days.
We are seeking someone who is highly motivated, with knowledge/experience of using and maintaining consultation databases to undertake consultations on planning policy documents and also collating monitoring information including using Geographical Information Systems (GIS) to capture and analyse monitoring information (e.g. on housing supply and land use policy). Work experience within in an office or similar busy work environment will be an advantage in order to join our Planning Policy Team.
Main areas of responsibility will include:-
- Monitoring – collation of planning land use information statistics in order to assist officers updating the Council’s Authority Monitoring Report published at the end of each year.
- Capturing map layers to illustrate Development Plan Policies using MapInfo and undertaking all GIS related work on capturing land use monitoring and spatial information.
- Assist the officers with undertaking public consultations on planning documents by interrogating, maintaining and applying the Council’s web-based database and consultation software (i.e. Objective)
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Kevin Owen, Planning Policy Team Leader, Planning Policy on 01903 737853 or Richard Sherman, Senior Planning Officer on 01903 737831.
We offer in return:
- Up to 26 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays
- Flexi-time - an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/ Christmas Savings/ Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development opportunities
Further information and an application form can be obtained from our jobs page.
CLOSING DATE: 4 SEPTEMBER 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: 13 SEPTEMBER 2022
Employees contemplating applying for a secondment opportunity should discuss this with their manager, prior to submitting an application. Applications without the Manager’s support will not be considered.
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form,
please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application