Job Title: Tenancy Sustainment Officer
The Barnet Group is currently seeking to recruit 2 Tenancy Sustainment Officers that have a proven track record of preventing homeless by working with landlords to keep tenants in their homes. They will provide specialised casework and will need a strong working knowledge of landlord and tenant law, court procedures, welfare benefits and the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 to be successful in the role.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communicators who will give clear and concise advice to customers and landlords
- Good listeners who will be empathetic when helping customers facing challenging personal circumstances
- Team players with good attitude who can adhere to Barnet Homes core values and behaviours
- People with great case management skills who have a legal eye for detail and who can respond quickly and effectively to threats of illegal eviction
- Experience of providing housing advice within a local authority or legal advice setting. Please note this role is not a housing support role
Currently the Housing Options Service is located at Barnet House in Colindale.
Closing date: 23:59 on 4th September 2022
Interview date: week commencing 12 September 2022
You will receive a Flexible benefit allowance of 5% of your base salary. Flexible benefits are hosted by AON and will allow you to choose from a variety of benefits