Here, in Bracknell Forest, everything we do is about changing families' lives for the better.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join our Early Help Service. If you are looking for an energetic and dynamic working environment that supports a wide range of professionals to deliver high quality services to the children, young people and families in Bracknell then we would welcome an application from you.
We're always looking for a better way of doing things. How can we ensure families and carers feel welcome in our Hubs and are accessing the best support possible? Making a difference is what we do, and we strive to make a positive contribution to the lives of parents and carers, children and young people. You will be part of the council's Early Help service and your role is often their first point of contact. You will be instrumental in supporting us to deliver Early Help in Bracknell Forest.
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team…
We are a dedicated and fast paced team working across four Family Hubs and a youth hub. We work closely with schools, Children's Social Care, Health Services and the Third Sector, to contribute to the best possible outcomes for children, young people and their families. Your contribution will have a big impact on what we do, and you will be trusted to take ownership of your work. The work is varied, fast paced, sometimes challenging with the opportunity to develop creative and innovative solutions.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To provide a well organised and efficient business support to the service
- To support users of the family and youth hubs and signpost them to other professionals/agencies when required
- To maintain the accuracy of office and council systems including some data input and minute taking
- To ensure services are advertised, promoted and updated through digital means
- To be part of service's duty system which involves responding to telephone and online enquiries
The benefits you will experience are…
- Opportunities for workforce development.
- A great location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for…
Enthusiastic and proactive, you will have experience of dealing with families. You will need an awareness of and commitment to equal opportunities, diversity safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. You must be able to demonstrate a patient and engaging approach within professional and confidential boundaries and recognise the need for professional empathy when appropriate.
Interviews will be held on 15th September 2022.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Sarah Batchelor, Early Help Locality Manager; 01344 354382
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.