Are you passionate about tackling inequalities, improving outcomes, and engaging with communities?
We're proud of our diverse community and the services we provide. But we're always looking to do more. You're going to have a big impact on what we do, so you'll be trusted to take ownership of your work.
You will play a vital role in building meaningful partnerships with partners. residents and community groups and help deliver innovative projects that support equality, inclusion and good community relations.
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team…
The Community Engagement and Equalities Team is small team within the Chief Executive's Office working in partnership across the council, partner organisations and voluntary, faith and community groups.
The team leads on projects and activities to maintain high levels of community cohesion, advance equalities, and support community engagement as well as supporting other council teams to do so.
Colleagues support each other, there is a strong focus on shared problem solving.
Managers at all levels are accessible, supportive and focussed on learning and development.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To support community engagement, cohesion and integration initiatives through partnership working and equality, inclusion and diversity policy and projects.
- Lead contact on consultation for the council's online consultation portal and the consultation and engagement partner supporting delivery of key consultations including residents' survey.
- To work with the Community Development Manager to ensure that the charitable Community Associations are supported to run the network of 14 community centres in the borough.
- Support the integration of the Armed Forces service community working with the RMAS including operational support for the Bracknell Civilian Military Partnership, be the council's key Armed Forces point of contact for other organisations.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for learning, reflection, and development.
- An inclusive, supportive, and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses
What we're looking for…
We are looking for someone with strong people skills with proven experience and confidence in community engagement, partnership working and/or equalities, diversity and inclusion.
You will be skilled at managing stakeholder groups, balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness, able to negotiate with influence and tact to gain commitment from a range of partners and people at all levels.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Harjit Hunjan, Head of Community Engagement and Equalities, Chief Executive's Office;
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.