Salary £51,717 to £54,873
About Waltham Forest
Driven by our sense of the place and its people, we constantly develop and evolve. Waltham Forest is London’s first Borough of Culture and 2019 MJ Council of the Year. Our opportunities are real: a new university campus, £300million new shopping centre, 10,000 new homes over the next ten years, re-invigorating a much-loved 950-seat theatre back and a new hospital at Whipps Cross.
However, we face challenges and need people that thrive in creating solutions and unlocking potential in all areas. Our Technology Service has transformed the IT experience of customers and staff. We have migrated to cloud services and infrastructure, redefined public web and transactional services, retained control over our core technology and network, and enabled new ways of working for our staff.
About the role
As the Security Analyst in the Architecture and Security team, you will manage operational security of the Council’s technology. This requires knowledge of cyber security systems and services but also broad IT skills and experience. This role is crucial in enabling us to continue to get the most out of Digital and Technology opportunities but keeping our data and services safe.
Reporting to the Head of Architecture and Security and working with ICT Operations, Digital and other key stakeholders, the scope of the role includes:
- Work with cyber security partner and internal resources to identify threats, manage security incidents and respond to attacks
- Lead on security testing and review of controls to assess security assurance and identify vulnerabilities
- Work with colleagues to identify and implement remediation of vulnerabilities
- Technical support and management of security software and service
- Work with the business and suppliers to ensure new and existing systems are designed and implemented securely
- Expertise to advise and recommend options for emerging threats and technology
- Assist in developing, and ensuring compliance with, cyber security strategy, polices and best practice that protect assets and data
- Articulate the value of security architecture and governance across the organisation to improve the cyber security outcomes across the Council
Are you pragmatic and creative, able to make sure technology is secure without compromising functionality and experience? If you have strong cyber security knowledge and technical IT experience, then this may be your next step!