Do you agree that decisions that affect a whole family should be made with the whole family? Do you believe that families should be partners in safety planning? If so, then you may be interested in an exciting opportunity to join the expanded Family Connections Service (formerly Family Group Conference Service). The Family Connections Service puts families at the heart of making safe decisions and plans for children that are at risk of being taken into care by delivering high quality Family Group Conferences. Children and young people are involved along with their wider family network, and often supported by an advocate from outside the family. Together, a plan is agreed by all those involved, and families agree to meet again to assess how well the plan is going and make the changes necessary to protect children.
The positions are full time and can be worked flexibly and we are ideally looking for someone with FGC experience who is confident working with families in their homes as well as virtually. You will be facilitating FGC’s and taking a lead for the city in promoting family led practice.
The following experience and competencies are required for this role:
- A social care qualification or, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant field such as teaching, mediation, youth work (etc.) (If relying on Social Work qualification you will be required to be registered with General Social Care Council).
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the principles and processes of Family Group Conferencing, child protection practice and childcare legislation and understanding of the role of other agencies / professionals who work with children and families.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with children and their families from a wide range of backgrounds, including families in crisis.
- Experience of organising and leading meetings both face to face and remotely and an ability to manage any tensions or conflict.
- Ability to work independently, in an organised way using initiative, being self-motivated, creative and open minded.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a good level of computer literacy.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends and to be able to travel across a wide geographical area in a timely and flexible manner at various times of the day.
- An Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful Candidates before starting their new role.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact one of the managers. Ally Brown (07864926909) and Emma Lewis (07703373999).