Brighter Futures for Children
The Lodge Day Nursery - Southcote Children's Centre
Full Time, 37 hours per week. Permanent
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
We currently have vacancies for Qualified (Level 3) Early Years Practitioners to join our fabulous team at The Lodge Day Nursery.
You will have the privilege of working with the most amazing children and passionate staff across two nurseries in Southcote and Coley.
The Lodge Nursery at Southcote is a 48 place day nursery providing day care and sessional care for 0 to 5 year olds. The Coley Lodge Nursery is a 16 place provision for 2 year old funded children at Coley Park Children’s Centre.
Due to expansion, we are looking for a passionate and motivated Level 3 qualified Early Years Practitioners across both sites.
Our practice is underpinned by the value we place on working collaboratively with families with a systemic, holistic whole-family approach to support them in finding their own solutions and building on their strengths.
We will always keep the focus on the child and we will make sure we know our children, young people and families well.
- Level 3 in Early Years/Childcare – with passes in English and Maths (where relevant to the certification)
- 12hr Paediatric first aid qualification
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working with children aged 2-5 years in an early years setting.
- Excellent communication skills (including verbal, written and conflict management)
What we offer you:
You will be part of a supportive and hardworking, passionate team. You will be paid above the average market rates for this area with opportunities for professional development and progression for the right candidate.
Flexible shift patterns and a generous annual leave allowance are also included. We offer a supportive framework to develop your career. You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the setting prior to making an application.
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Comprehensive training package
We offer a range of extras
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Staff Club and social events.
Contact details for an informal discussion:
Call Layla Littlewood on 0118 937 3849 or Samantha Tait on 0118 937 3092 or email Layla.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date - 30th September 2022
Interview date - To be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.