Job Title: Casual Theatre Technicians
Location of work: The Harlequin Theatre, Redhill
Salary: £9.90 / hour plus 12.07% in lieu of annual leave
Join the team at the Harlequin Theatre and Cinema!
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council wishes to recruit enthusiastic casual theatre technicians to join our multi-skilled technical department based at The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema as we approach our busy autumn season, Christmas Pantomime and beyond. We are looking to welcome those with previous technical theatre knowledge alongside those who may be new to the field but are looking to learn.
Successful candidates will need:
- Knowledge of or a willingness to learn aspects of theatre including but not exclusive to stage management, lighting design & operation, sound design and operation, cinema projection.
- Knowledge of and a willingness to learn and follow best Health & Safety practice.
- A flexible attitude to working hours incorporating the need to work evenings and weekends, both of which are frequently required in the position.
- A passion for technical theatre and a proactive approach to work.
You’ll be deploying your skills across a range of tasks that include:
- Working with incoming production teams on all aspects of their production, ensuring a professional standard of show and high level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Assistance with the maintenance and hire of equipment for both cinema and live events.
- Attending meetings- both with internal departments and external production teams as and when required by the Technical Manager.
- Assisting with Emergency evacuations.
For an informal discussion about our casual technician requirements, please email the technical team at email@example.com and one of the team will come back to you as soon as possible.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
See 'Who we are' as a council, to find out more about us.