Social Workers & Senior Social Workers (not ASYE applicants)
Help and Protection Services
Grade I Senior Social Worker will have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying relevant experience in statutory Children’s Social Care service.
£3,000 'Golden Hello' payment to qualified Children’s Social Workers (not ASYEs). This ‘Golden Hello’ incentive is applicable to all new employees who are successful in their application for permanent Social Worker vacancies in all teams across Children’s Social Care.
In addition a £2,000 'Market Supplement' will apply for these roles within the help and protection teams. Terms and conditions will apply.
To find out more about our 'Golden Hello' and 'Market Supplement' scheme, please click here.
To find out more about what it's like to work in Sefton's Children's Services and how you can help us #MakeADifference, head to our website.
We are looking for experienced social workers who can bring their knowledge, expertise, and passion to help improve outcomes for the children and families of Sefton.
There is no better time to join Sefton; with a new Director of Children’s Services in post, additional service manager capacity and support; an exciting partnership with Leeds City Council and the planned launch of Sefton Social Work Academy this year.
The aim of our service is to safeguard and promote better outcomes for our children in Sefton. We are committed to giving all our Social Workers the best experience of working with children in need of protection and support to ensure that these outcomes are met. Our services are being developed so that all Social Workers are supported by experienced and supportive Team Managers, with between 6 and 7 Social Workers per team, there are 10 teams across this service.
We are moving to a Restorative Practice approach to social work which involves innovation and locality working with high quality relationships with families, our partners and with each other. We are proud to be creating a place where social work can flourish. By having smaller teams, constantly looking at how we can safely lower caseloads and cutting down on bureaucracy we can offer you unrivalled support and ensure your sole focus is improving the lives of children, young people and families.
Case management support, supervision and guidance will be provided by Team Managers who will ensure that you have a workable and manageable caseload. You will also have access to Family Support Workers to support with undertaking direct work with children and families.
As a department we have recently relocated to Magdalene House in Bootle, so that all of our Social Work Teams, Family Support workers, IROs, Education professionals and the new Social Work Academy are based within one building to create a learning environment that is supportive and accessible to all of our staff. We also offer flexible working arrangements and hybrid working as we understand that this can create better opportunities for better home life balance.
By investing in “growing our own,” we hope to equip all social workers to become the best they can be, offering clear career progression routes. We want to provide our children and families with consistency; we know how important relationship building is and so are working hard to create as much stability in our teams as possible.
What we require from you:
- Social Work Degree or equivalent Social Work Qualification and registered with Social Work England – This advert is for social workers who have already completed their first year in practice.
- A commitment to working transparently; in partnership WITH children, young people and families, and partner agencies in a strength-based way
- Experience of working with children, young people, and families; using direct work skills and observation to gain the voice and experiences of children and young people
- Knowledge and experience of childcare legislation, statutory guidance, and best practice research
- Knowledge and experience of the Assessment Framework and ability to assess risk and need
- Analytical report writing skills and good verbal communication skills
- Ability to make child centred decisions, using evidence-based tools
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to use your own initiative as well as work as part of a team
- Commitment to your own personal development and professional growth.
Our offer to you:
If you join Sefton now, you will be part of something exciting and new as we continue our improvement journey. You can expect to receive the following:
- A warm Sefton welcome
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Support from the Team Manager, Service Manager, Business Support, Sefton’s Partner Agencies, and support from your Team colleagues
- Good quality, regular, reflective individual supervision and group supervision opportunities
- A manageable caseload
- Opportunities to influence change via attendance at staff engagement events
- A wide variety of career progression routes bespoke to individual training and development needs as identified in annual PDRs
- Clear Senior Social Worker progression
- Practice Educator programmes in partnership with the Cheshire and Merseyside Social Work Teaching Partnership (CMSWTP) and access to continuing Professional Development opportunities through CMSWTP
- Excellent training and development opportunities including a wide-ranging offer from our in-house workforce training and development unit as well as access to several external accredited opportunities
- Partnership with Research in Practice, providing access to online webinars, podcasts and materials linked to the latest research and policy updates to support your CPD and inform evidence-based reports
- Ongoing partnership with Leeds Strengthening Families, Protecting Children team to embed a restorative approach to practice – Sefton Stronger Together
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days with 5 years continual service and 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave
- Agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards glasses
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues
- Commitment to supporting staff’s emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Access to online mental health wellbeing service - Qwell
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Relocation package as appropriate
We would love to hear from you if you think Sefton sounds like the right place to continue your career! If you would like further information about the role please contact one of our team managers, Debbie core via Deborah.Core@sefton.gov.uk, Karen Bryan via Karen.Bryan@sefton.gov.uk or Belieta Patterson via Belieta.Patterson@sefton.gov.uk
** INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON A REGULAR BASIS THROUGHOUT THE ADVERTISING PERIOD**