CUSTOMER SERVICES ADVISOR
Scale 3/4/5 – (Starting salary £18,993 per annum rising to £24,491 per annum after training). Pay negotiated with relevant skills evidenced at interview and in application.
Full Time (37 hours per week)
The Customer Services Directorate are seeking to fill a customer service advisor post to work within our Customer Service Team – Our team provide a first-class service to our customers ensuring the highest standards of customer care are maintained at all times.
Services currently handled by our Customer Services Team include: Cleansing; Environmental Health; Car Parks Council Tax and Business Rates; Benefits; Planning & Building Control; Elections; Housing and Switchboard.
To be part of our skilled and dynamic team, you must:
- Be willing to work as part of a team to provide a high-quality service to customers
- Be performance driven and able to achieve performance targets.
- Have experience of working in a pressured environment preferably where advice, guidance
and problem-solving skills have been exercised on the telephone as well as face to face.
- Have excellent telephone answering, communication and IT skills
- Be of a flexible nature
- Be a quick learner and willing to develop and learn customer service processes and procedures
- Be able to use a variety of computerised resources to access and process information
- Be able to develop good working relationships with the Customer Services Team and other services within the Council
- Have enthusiasm, drive, commitment, and reliability
In return, you will receive an extensive and structured in-house training programme including a training mentor, an excellent package with progression through the pay scales based on completion of training and development activity and a very good working environment.
Please note that this role is subject to a basic disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Role will be predominantly office based with some homeworking.
For an informal chat about the vacancy, please contact Anna McAuley on 01903 - 737500; email Anna.McAuley@arun.gov.uk
We offer in return:
- Up to 25 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays
- Flexi-time - an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/ Christmas Savings/ Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development opportunities
Further information and an application form can be obtained from our jobs page.
CLOSING DATE: 02/10/22
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
Employees contemplating applying for a secondment opportunity should discuss this with their manager, prior to submitting an application. Applications without the Manager’s support will not be considered.
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form,
please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application