The Homeownership Team provide a range of services to the Council's leaseholders, shared owners, freeholders and private housing purchase tenants. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Homeownership Officer to join us.
The responsibilities of the role include all aspects of right to buy, leasehold, freehold and shared ownership management, such as enforcement of lease conditions, assisting owners who wish to sell, covenant releases, lease extensions, property alterations, re-mortgaging queries and ensuring leaseholders are consulted on works and services in line with the appropriate legislation.
The post holder will work closely with the Homeownership Services Manager and will need to be well organised, flexible, together with a positive and target driven attitude. Accurate record keeping, attention to detail, excellent IT skills with a good standard of numeracy and literacy skills is essential.
This post is for 37 hours per week, based primarily at the Winchester City Offices but with some homeworking. The post holder will be required to work across the Winchester district therefore must hold a full UK driving license and will be subject to a DBS check. In addition the role also benefits from:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- Casual car user allowance
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- 25 days annual leave per year (pro rata) rising to 32 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
Please read the job description for more details on this role.
For an informal discussion regarding this post and the opportunities it offers please contact Jayne Miles, Homeownership Services Manager, on 01962 848 165.
Closing date – 3rd October 2022
Interview date – 17th October 2022