From September 2022
Lunchtimes for 1.25 hours per day, Monday to Friday,
6.25 hours per week, term time only,
Permanent (6 months probationary period)
The Governors of the Federation of Moorlands and Park Lane Primary Schools wish to appoint a Lunch Time Assistant to manage the supervision of children during lunchtimes.
The successful applicant may be required to work at all sites within the Federation but will be based at Park Lane Primary School.
Lunchtime Assistants are required to help provide a secure and happy environment for children at lunchtime through supervision inside the building, outside and in the dining room.
Main duties include:
- Playing with the children outside.
- Supervising the clearing up of games and toys (inside and outside)
- Using the School’s Behaviour Policy to manage pupil behaviour.
- Assisting children in the dining room and encouraging healthy eating.
Applicants are required to demonstrate:
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Willingness to be flexible and supportive of other colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff and pupils in the school.
- Patience, fairness and a responsible attitude.
For an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://parklaneprimary.school/ or call 0118 937 5515.
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
As a school we need to collect and hold data about you to enable us to process your job application. In accordance with GDPR, our privacy notice sets out more detail on why we collect this data, what we do with it and how long we expect to retain it. Please contact the school office for a copy of this privacy notice – 0118 9375515.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
As part of our due diligence and safeguarding procedures, pre-employment checks for shortlisted candidates will include online searches for data.
Closing date for all applicants: Open advert – We reserve the right to interview as and when suitable candidates apply.