Senior Building Control Surveyor – Remote/Hybrid Working
How would you like to work somewhere that The River Thames snakes its way through, we are the heart of the beautiful rural districts of South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse and we are home to a unique blend of stunning countryside and cutting-edge science and high-tech businesses. We are looking for an experienced Building Control Surveyor to join our growing team.
We genuinely believe in putting our people first – we work hard every day to make sure everyone can achieve a healthy and enjoyable work-life balance. This is why we have a very flexible hours system that means your home life comes first.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to administer building regulations, the Building Act and other associated legislation and will assist the Building Control Team Leader with service plan implementation, meeting service standards and performance targets.
Part of your responsibility will be to validate, examine and determine applications submitted under building regulations and associated legislation, carry out site inspections to ensure compliance with building regulations and other relevant legislation and to record detailed and accurate records within the services’ computerised systems.
We are looking for someone who can provide professional advice to applicants, agents, members and all stakeholders on all matters related to building control. As well as being able to instigate enforcement procedures, preparing reports and statements to the council’s solicitor and appearing in court as a prosecution witness as required as well being experienced at dealing with both residential and non-residential developments.
You must have at least 5 years post qualification experience working in building control either within Local Government or the private sector. Being able to maintain a level of competency to deal with a constantly changing legislation, building techniques and role of building control within a competitive environment with a working knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues and good practice.
The ideal candidate will hold a full chartered membership of RICS, CABE or equivalent with either a BSc (Hons) Degree in Building Control or a similar related degree in construction/ surveying. To be successful in the role you will need to hold a current valid driving licence as well as owning and provide a well-maintained vehicle to perform duties.
If you have LABC Fire Safety Specialist experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus!
The benefits we offer
- A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working and annualised hours – a flexible approach to work that our employees love!
- Salary pay awards – most jobs give scope for a pay increase after six months or the following April (depending on your start date) and we also review salaries each April.
- Payment of annual professional membership
- A generous career average pension scheme which includes life insurance of three times your salary
- The opportunity to purchase a bike through Cyclescheme (cheaper than directly through a store) so that you can cycle to work!
- A salary sacrifice car lease scheme – a fully inclusive driving package for a fixed monthly cost
- Various schemes to keep you healthy (reduced gym membership, free swims, workplace exercise classes, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users and more)
- We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
Ref: 136 267