Fixed Term 1 year contract with a view to become permanent for the right candidate
Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Coach– Hawkswood Secondary
Closing date: 4th October 2022
Shortlisting date: 5th October 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 10th October 2022
Scale 4 (Point 7 to 11) (18,224 to 19,517)
FT 32.5 hours per week
Appointment within these Scales will be dependent on experience.
Please complete the on-line application form
Hawkswood Secondary Therapeutic is looking for Learning Support Coaches
- Do you want to make a difference where it most counts?
- Do you believe that every child has the potential to succeed with the right help
- Do you believe in the power of educational to change lives?
Hawkswood Secondary is a specialist provision for young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We offer a short-term therapeutic and educational intervention (typically two terms) for children aged 11-16 who are struggling with tier 2/3 mental health needs.
Our pupils are bright, conscientious and awesome. They require calm, encouraging and enabling adult support. Some of our pupils have an EHCP for additional needs such as SEMH, eating disorders, anxiety related disorders and or ASD etc.
As a team we work hard to build resilience, social skills and mental wellbeing to enable pupils to return to mainstream school.
Facilities are excellent, class sizes are small, and SLT have a strong commitment to staff wellbeing. We have on-site student social workers, two CAMHs therapists, and are developing a team of therapists and mental health nurses who work with children and families. Together we work as a team to provide intensive care and support.
What we are looking for:
We are keen to appoint a Learning Support Coach to work with children and their families to engage them in school and eventually reintegrate back to mainstream school.
Working with our therapeutic team you would support learning, personal development, integration/re-integration and the broader needs of the child both in and out of class.
What we can offer you:
- An Ofsted Good school.
- A school with a strong sense of moral purpose and ethical practice with focus on wellbeing.
- Great CPD opportunities and the opportunities to further your career and qualifications.
- A commitment from Leadership to promote and support innovation.
- A school which expects the highest standards of pupil conduct, both in school and in the local community.
- An idyllic school environment, nestled in Epping Forest.
Please see the JD and person specification. For further information call the Headteacher, Nathalie Fitzgerald on 020 8289 4641 or 07810 393 769 for an informal discussion about the position. Visits are welcomed.
The Hawkswood Group is committed to promoting the safeguarding of children. Please note that this position requires as enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks will be carried out prior to appointment.