Software Developer (Hybrid working)
Are you looking to join a dynamic and friendly company with exciting plans for software development in the future?
Who are we?
At Hightown, we`re a charitable housing association that builds homes and supports people. We provide affordable homes and a wide range of care and supported housing services across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. Our aim is to deliver demonstrable social value and impact in all of our activities.
To support the fantastic work we do we are seeking to recruit a Software Developer to help develop Web based technologies for use across the organisation.
About the role,
Working as part of a dedicated and committed in-house IT Team, you will have a big influence on how applications used at Hightown are designed, shaped and deployed to meet the needs of our stakeholders both now and in the future.
You will participate in the full software development lifecycle, working closely with colleagues across the Association to conceptualise, prototype, and specify brand new systems, as well as developing enhancements to existing systems and driving reduction of repetitive work using automation and good systems design.
Who we are looking for,
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong coding skills in at least one of the following programming languages and frameworks:
- .NET Framework / Core / 5+
- ASP.net MVC
- SQL (ideally T-SQL)
- Vue.js 2+, React, Angular, or similar
- HTML & CSS
- Working knowledge of relational databases, Windows Server and IIS and GitHub or other version control systems
- Relationship orientated, a good listener and communicator who can adapt their approach to the target audience
- Self-disciplined and comfortable working with minimal supervision, whether autonomously or in a team
- Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. computer science, software engineering.)
Additionally the successful candidate will;
- Naturally passionate about technology and programing
- Have excellent attention to detail skills
- Be methodical, analytical and curious
At Hightown we ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do. Our values are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year including bank holidays, rising with service to 35 days
- Competitive salary of up to £42,369 pa for a 35 hour week
- Ability to work from home two days per week by agreement
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus of 1.25%
- Regular market reviews of salary and cost of living
- Life assurance cover of three times your annual salary
- Employee health and wellbeing programmes & access to onsite gym facilities
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
We are also keen to develop you whilst in the role and in addition to working alongside other passionate IT professional you will provide access to the Udemy online learning platform and give you opportunity to develop coding and new languages.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292277 email@example.com
How to Apply
Unfortunately at this time Hightown Housing Association cannot offer visa sponsorship and all applicants will need to demonstrate the right to work in the UK,
Please note at Hightown Housing Association we receive a high volume of qualitycandidates,we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early, therefore early applications are positively encouraged.
To apply for this position please click the link below.
Please also click below for a copy of the Software Developer job description.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.