Lewes District Council are looking for a dynamic individual to join the existing operational team at our Newhaven Depot.
In this exciting new role, you’ll produce and deliver training material relevant to the Waste Operation such as Refuse & Recycle Collections, and Street Cleansing. In addition, you will train and assess the workforce throughout the operation in various other disciplines including Manual Handling, Driver Assessments, Reversing Assistant, Small Tools and Health and Safety Training.
To ensure all training courses and content are produced and regularly updated in accordance with current legislation and the requirements of various awarding bodies.
To create and deliver training and assessments, actively promote Health and Safety
in the workplace, setting a good example to trainees and other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
If you’re a team player! This could be a perfect opportunity for you.
What do we need from you?
- IOSH or NEBOSH certification
- Training and/or Compliance related qualification
- LGV Class C licence or willingness to be trained
- You’ll have a proven track record in training and/or compliance related tasks.
- You’ll have a clear understanding of compliance areas and requirements on waste organisations.
- The role will require working with a range of colleagues, so a positive approach to collaborative team working is essential.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd October 2022