Job Family: Enabling - CBG11
Salary: £34,629 - £37,782 per annum pro rata
Hours: Full-time 37 hours per week - part time roles are also available
Base Location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role
Contract Type: Permanent - Hybrid
Closing Date: 3rd October 2022
Interview Date: Week beginning 10th October 2022 - to take place at Priory House, Shefford
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results. Except for us, it’s all about our 289,000 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
This is a great time to join us on our journey.
More about the role:
We are recruiting to a number of Senior Finance Officer’s to join our finance team supporting Children’s Services and Place & Communities Directorates.
The finance department is at the forefront of the Council’s exciting plans for the future. We are an ambitious and forward thinking Council with a strong financial position and a growing tax base and commitment to continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing financial advice, guidance and high quality support to ensure accurate financial forecasts through regular monthly meetings with budget managers
- Assisting the directorates with costing and financial management information
- Monthly reporting and accruals
- Preparing annual budgets
- Closure of accounts
If you have strong analytical skills, experience of working with budget managers and are an excellent communicator and team player we would love to hear from you. Experience of working within a local authority and using SAP is desirable for these roles, but not essential, we will provide full training and support.
What we can offer you
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- Hybrid working arrangements as appropriate. We recognise the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way. As a hybrid worker you will be able to work from home with access to any CBC location.
- A £250 one off hybrid worker payment, helping you achieve a safe and suitable work space at home
- Support to work from abroad for up to a month a year where appropriate
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A supportive and inclusive environment that values and celebrates differences
- Staff network and support groups
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance: click here
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering support to all employees through workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- Training and Learning offer – we have access to hundreds of courses and role specific training is also available
- Access to discounts from local and national retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Katie Fletcher at email@example.com
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at email@example.com Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.