Speech and Language Therapist
We are looking for a special person to take on an exciting opportunity.
We are seeking to appoint a Qualified Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist, to work as part of our experienced multi-disciplinary therapy team across the Rivermead Inclusive Trust and Rivermead Solutions. We will consider Newly Qualified Practitioners (NQPs).
We want to ensure our young people have every life opportunity and progress to the very best of their ability in a complete holistic way. Due to recent expansion of our Trust, we are looking to appoint an additional speech and language therapist to support us in meeting the communication needs of our learners. You will work closely with the Trust Therapy Lead and wider therapy team consisting of a Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Art Therapist, Play Therapist, Counsellor and Therapy Assistants.
Our Trust consists of mainstream and specialist settings:
Rivermead School and Rivermead Partnership – a community special school and 6th Form for young people aged 11 to 19 years with a range of complex needs, specialising in autistic spectrum disorders.
Rivermead Routes for Reintegration (Triple R) – a trauma informed provision for young people aged 11 to 19 years with a primary need of Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties.
The Marlborough Centre – a resourced provision for 80 children with autistic spectrum conditions, committed to providing a holistic, individualised learning experience.
- Our mainstream primary schools:
Hoo St Werburgh Primary, Walderslade Primary and Academy of Woodlands
As well as supporting our Trust Schools, you will have the opportunity to provide therapeutic support and training to nurseries, schools, colleges and parents/carers outside of our Trust through Rivermead Solutions, a Community Interest Company.
For more information about our different provisions, visit our website:
Our Schools - Rivermead Inclusive Trust
The Post-holder will:
- Have the opportunity to share their specialisms and areas of interests with the Therapy Lead when discussing caseload allocation
- Assess, diagnose, treat and manage their own caseload of learners and maintain records in line with clinical guidance
- Provide specialist training to staff to develop whole school approaches to meet speech, language and communication needs in the classroom and throughout the school day
- Provide advice and guidance to parents/carer, where appropriate upskilling them to support their children at home
- Oversee the work of therapy assistants
You should be enthusiastic, motivated, and able to manage your own workload. You must be flexible, approachable, and able to communicate with a range of professionals, parents/carers, and the young people themselves. It is desirable to have some experience of working with children and young people with Autism and/or other Special Educational Needs.
You will receive:
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Clinical Supervision
- Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Opportunities to earn extra money through delivering CPD as part of Rivermead Solution
Interviews Week Commencing: 10th October 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please find the link to our Safeguarding Policy here: rivermeadinclusivetrust.co.uk/about-rit/safeguarding
All postholders are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Please contact Deborah Stammers on the below email for an applicant pack and to arrange a visit.