Working within our busy and friendly Learning Disabilities Business Support team based at Time Square, Bracknell, the successful applicant will be enthusiastic, hard-working with energy, drive and passion.
You're going to have a big impact on what we do, so you'll be trusted to take ownership of your work.
To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow. Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
The Community Team For People with Learning Disabilities[CTPLD] is a joint team that provides support to the Adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism in Bracknell
We cover a wide range of services and liaise with a number of teams and organisations including Health and Housing to name but a few. We are the first point of contact for those people we support.
Business support with deals with correspondence, emails, Data management reports and administration of all aspects of CTPLD work.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To be solely responsible for the collation, chasing and checking of data for CTPLD. To prepare data for reporting ensuring deadlines are met. Continuously monitoring data to ensure high level of quality is achieved.
- To supervise/manage an office-based team of Business Support Assistants in order to support the delivery of a high quality, cost effective service. Hold regular team meetings, to conduct yearly appraisals and monitor/manage individual's performance including staff development against specific targets and statutory requirements.
- To work with Team Management to continually improve the procedures within the services offered by the Section and to contribute with various audits, returns and inspections.
- To arrange, attend, contribute to and minute meetings and to prepare appropriate reports. To type confidential correspondence, reports and other documents.
- To ensure that accurate and up to date records are maintained at all times in accordance with guidelines, policies, procedures and data system requirements.
- To ensure adherence to Health and Safety Regulations.
- To perform any other duties/tasks as may from time to time be necessary and compatible with the nature of the post. It should be noted that the above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post. It is intended to give and overall view of the position and should be taken as guidance only.
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
We are seeking an experienced Business Support Supervisor with strong supervision/administration skills as well as data management knowledge.
You must be committed to supporting and challenging staff, ensuring high standards of administrating support to multi-disciplinary teams.
Enabling the people of Bracknell Forest to be connected to their community and safeguarding them from harm.
Interview date 20th October 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Jess Holt-Wells, Senior Social Worker - Adult Social Care
Tel.: 01344 354454
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.