Your plans will help shape how we do things empowering colleagues through learning and development to ensure our residents get to live their lives.
The HR and OD/LD team have developed the Councils Workforce and OD Strategy and a Learning and Development plan for 2021-24 that is currently being embedded in business delivery to create the conditions that ensure our workforce can perform at their very best in an Always Learning environment. We are constantly striving to learn and improve how we do things, and our OD/LD service is rightfully positioned as a key enabler to this because we're Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team...
We are a team that shares a love of all things of learning and development. In the spirit of the council's value of 'Always Learning' our Learning and Development team have engaged with the organisation to develop a detailed understanding of our collective skills and key areas for development. This has led to our new Learning and Development plan that focuses on how we learn here at Bracknell and the skills we need for the future.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To support and contribute to the design and delivery of Workforce and Organisational Development Strategy through the L&D Plan with a focus on social care.
- Contribute to the management of organisational change in support of the organisation's strategicand operational plans, providing information, advice and services as required.
- To provide day to day co-ordination and management of the Bracknell Forest Learning and Development Plan and annual programme of activities.
- To commission appropriate social care learning and development events, activities andprogrammes including the development of programmes to meet specific initiative requirements.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.*Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for a high quality and passionate lifelong learner who has experience in the field of learning and development, ideally within the social care remit. You will have experience of both strategic and operational learning and development with an ability to design, deliver and commission high quality learning activities that meets the needs of our stakeholders within social care.
Interviews will be held w/c 31st October 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Heidi Leisk, Learning & Development Officer
Tel.: 01344 352136
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.