Solicitor, Adult Social Care & Education
Full time 37 hours
RG8 – RG10 (scp 39 - 53)
£42,821 to £58,973
Reading Borough Council is a Unitary Authority that hosts the Joint Legal Team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join the Joint Legal Team who currently provide legal services to the six unitary authorities that formerly made-up Berkshire County Council.
About the roles
The Joint Legal Team are recruiting two posts in its Adult Social Care and Education Team. One post requires an excellent working knowledge in key adult social care legislation and the second post requires an excellent working knowledge in key education legislation, in particular an ability to conduct special education needs appeals.
We are looking for:
- One post to hold a caseload of COP/ Adult Social Care cases / Judicial Review cases
- The other to hold a caseload of SEN appeals, Education prosecutions, General Education advice
- Team player who can support and be supported effectively
- Work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Conduct your own advocacy
- Provide advice to a wide range of stakeholders
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
We are open to flexible working patterns and can provide a hybrid working environment which utilises the best of both worlds with a mix of office working in central Reading and homeworking according to the needs of the Service.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16th Oct
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.