SEND 1:1 Teaching Assistant
We are a culturally diverse school based in Walthamstow, with an excellent reputation in the borough and within the local area. We are fully committed to professional development and as a forward thinking school we can offer exciting opportunities to further develop your skills and educational interests. As a local authority maintained school we provide a well ordered, harmonious community with high expectations and high standards for work and behaviour.
We are seeking a dynamic, committed and enthusiastic SEND teaching assistant to support an autistic pupil 1:1 with their learning and social needs. You will join our highly motivated team and work closely with other staff members to ensure high quality learning for all our children. We are a happy and excellent community school with the high aspirations for all our pupils. Dedicated teaching and support staff enable every child to excel and explore their passions through broad, balanced and rich learning opportunities.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Is organised and able to take initiative and work well independently
- Shows enthusiasm and creativity and a good communicator
- Understands the importance of nurturing children to support them in achieving their best
- Is friendly and approachable with a passion for teaching and learning
- Can use their skills to make a real difference for children in our school
- Has experience of working 1:1 with SEND children
- Has at least 5 GCSEs grades A-C including Maths and English
In return we can offer:
- A supportive and encouraging team aiming for excellence
- Children who are well behaved, respectful, happy and eager to learn
- A commitment to high quality professional development and training
- A friendly and happy school community.
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com.
Please note that only applications submitted on the borough’s application form will be considered.
We welcome visits from potential candidates. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit to the school.
Please also visit the school website coppermillprimary.co.uk
Closing date: Friday 7th October 2022
Interviews and Tasks: Wednesday 12th October 2022
Coppermill Primary School
Tel: 020 8520 6267
Due to the high number of applicants it is not possible to contact every candidate individually, therefore, If you have not heard from Coppermill by Wednesday 12th October 2022 then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Coppermill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.