Paid weeks per year: 43.70 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Hours: 8.30am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday
Actual salary £18,336.73 - £19,847.60
Start date: 3rd January 2023 - or earlier if possible
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, caring and dedicated Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to support children with a wide range of needs across the school. The children you would be supporting to learn have additional needs such as Autism Spectrum Condition, literacy difficulties or Attachment needs. You will be required to support learning in class, in small group interventions and/or on a one to one basis as necessary. You should be flexible, resourceful and willing to support the inclusive ethos of our school. This role also includes lunchtime support.
About the role
The successful candidate will need:
- The ability to relate well to young children, with confidence and a calm manner in order to build good relationships
- Ability to establish and develop effective and supportive 1:1 relationships with children
- Experience in supporting children using programmes designed to encourage progress in reading, writing or maths
- Ability to work independently to deliver specific learning programmes with support and guidance both in school and from the Brighton and Hove Inclusion Support Service (BHISS)
- Ability and skills to encourage the pupils to interact and engage in activities led by class teachers
- Ability to support children in managing their social, emotional and mental health needs and presenting behaviours using strategies suggested by the BHISS team and the school
Please feel free to come and visit us. Contact the office team on 01273 418026 to arrange a suitable time.
Closing date:5th October
Interview date: 12th October
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Locks Hill, Portslade, East Sussex BN41 2LA, email@example.com
Telephone: (01273) 418026
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.